Today, I made some peanut butter Smarties cookies. These are, by far, my favourite peanut butter cookie. Their flavour is just divine… Slightly chewy and soft in the middle, and crisp on the outside. Perfect. This cookie dough does not need chilling either – bonus!
On to the ingredients and method…
Peanut Butter Smarties Cookies
- 1 and 1/4 cups plain flour 156g
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Smarties you could also use M&Ms
Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat, or parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar with a hand mixer for approximately two minutes until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix well. Add in the dry ingredients, and mix until the flour has almost disappeared. Stir in the Smarties with a spatula.
Using a large cookie scoop, portion out the dough on to your prepared baking tray, leaving about two inches between each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown. Leave to set for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack
NotesRecipe by Fifteen Spatulas
Try these with other candy:
- Chocolate or peanut butter M&Ms
- Chocolate chips (any kind)
- You favourite chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- Or why not try these with a Reese’s mini peanut butter cup in the centre!