Apple Cinnamon Bread – Incredible moist and delicious cinnamon-spiced quick bread studded with juicy apple chunks. Perfect with your morning tea or coffee!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
Today, I bring you another delicious apple recipe! Who want’s a nice, big slice of my Apple Cinnamon Bread? It would go wonderfully with your morning cup of tea or coffee. 🙂
This quick bread is moist and fluffy (with the right amount of dense), perfectly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and is packed full of delicious apple chunks.
This is the perfect loaf recipe to kick-start your autumn/fall baking!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this bread. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- plain/all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- Greek-style yogurt
How to make Apple Cinnamon Bread
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt until smooth and combined. Add the dry ingredients, and the apple chunks, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the bread from browning too much.
Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Seriously, I swear this bread is even more moist on day two!
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for making this quick bread.
- Apples. Use your favourite! I love using Braeburn for my bread and muffin recipes. You can also leave them un-peeled if desired.
- The vegetable oil and Greek-style yogurt adds an incredible amount of moisture. If desired, you can replace the yogurt will buttermilk, sour cream, or just plain yogurt (full fat and 0% fat both work well).
- This recipe does yield quite a bit of batter and will fill the loaf pan nearly to the top. I’ve had no problems with the batter spilling over the sides in the oven, and it bakes up beautifully. But if desired, you can use two loaf pans.
- Why not throw in a handful of chopped nuts? For added crunch!
This Apple Cinnamon Bread is:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- deliciously moist and bursting with flavour
- loaded with juicy apple chunks
How long will this bread last? This bread stays fresh covered at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Can I freeze this bread? Yes, this bread freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥