Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft, and chewy oatmeal cookies that are perfectly spiced and packed full of juicy apple chunks. These are the best cookies to start your autumn baking with!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
I have the perfect cookies to kick-start your autumn baking with.
These cookies are thick, soft, and chewy, spiced with warm autumnal flavours, and loaded with oats and juicy apple chunks.
They’re quick and easy to make, and only require simple, staple ingredients!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Rolled oats: Using old-fashioned rolled oats will achieve the best texture and flavour, but you can use quick porridge oats if that’s all you have on hand.
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: For extra thick and soft cookies.
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using mostly brown sugar results in extra soft and chewy cookies, as well as a subtle molasses flavour.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Apples: Peeled, cored, and finely chopped.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
To make these cookies, simply grab a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, salt, and spices. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars.
Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are:
- deliciously thick, soft, and chewy
- super quick and easy to make
- packed full of warm spices
- loaded with oats and apple chunks
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Brownie Cookies
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies