Baked Double Chocolate Orange Doughnuts – Deliciously moist and fluffy chocolate doughnuts that are baked, infused with orange, and topped with a chocolate orange ganache!
Who doesn’t LOVE doughnuts? Especially when they are baked, chocolate, and orange flavoured, and topped with ganache and chocolate sprinkles!
Baked doughnuts are so much easier (and less messier!) to make than fried doughnuts, and they are much healthier, too. Which means we can have more than one at a time. 😉 Also, chocolate for breakfast!
Baked Double Chocolate Orange Doughnuts
For these scrumptiously moist and fluffy baked double chocolate orange doughnuts, simply combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Mix the two mixtures together, then spoon the batter into a greased doughnut pan, and baked for 5 – 7 minutes. Quick and simple!
For the ganache, simply put the chocolate chips, butter, and syrup into a small, microwaveable bowl, and heat until melted. Stir in the orange juice, then in dip each doughnut and leave to set. This ganache glaze sets beautifully, and keeps its shine!
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60ml
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt 120g
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 30g, melted
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 100g
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 30g
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup/golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Chocolate sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a doughnut pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, nutmeg, and zest. Set aside.
- Whisk together the orange juice, egg, sugar, yogurt, and melted butter until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the orange zest. Do not over-mix. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan and smooth out. Bake for 5 - 7 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips, butter, and syrup in a heat-proof bowl, and microwave until completely melted and smooth, stirring every 10 seconds. Stir in the orange juice.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze, garnish with chocolate sprinkles, and leave to set on the wire rack.
Leftover doughnuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 2 days. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.