Baked Pumpkin Streusel Doughnuts – Deliciously moist and fluffy spiced pumpkin doughnuts that are BAKED, not fried, topped with a crunchy cinnamon streusel, and drizzled with a sweet glaze!
I love baking doughnuts, they are just so quick and simple to make. I love baking doughnuts rather than frying them; less mess, and much healthier.
Today, I bring you my most deliciously moist and fluffy Baked Pumpkin Streusel Doughnuts!
I absolutely love these pumpkin doughnuts. They are super quick and easy to make, they’re scrumptiously moist and fluffy, topped with a slightly crunchy cinnamon streusel, and the best part? They are BAKED, not fried!
Baked Pumpkin Streusel Doughnuts
These Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts would make the perfect autumn breakfast or snack. I can just imagine being curled up on the sofa, covered in a blanket, watching a scary film (because Halloween!), and devouring one of these doughnuts.
Sounds good to me!
To make the doughnuts, simply whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Combine the two mixtures together, and spoon the batter into a greased doughnut pan.
Using a fork, mix together the streusel ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then sprinkle the streusel over the doughnut batter.
You’ll want to bake them at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for about 5 – 7 minutes. Drizzle with a sweet glaze.
Enjoy warm, or store them, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze these doughnuts for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw them overnight in the fridge!
Try these delicious doughnuts next!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt 120ml
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 30g, melted
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree 170g
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 2 tablespoons plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 14g
- 1 cup icing/powdered sugar 125g
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
- Using a fork, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a doughnut pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, yoghurt, melted butter, and pumpkin puree until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. The batter will be quite thick. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan and smooth out. You could also use a piping bag to pipe the batter into the pan; much quicker and less mess! Sprinkle a generous amount of streusel over each doughnut. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool, or eat warm!
- Whisk together the icing sugar and water until smooth. It should be fairly thick and runny. Drizzle over the cooled doughnuts.
Leftover doughnuts can stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days. Doughnuts freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.