Banana Breakfast Smoothie – Deliciously thick and creamy banana smoothie, that is super healthy and made from only 4 ingredients – the perfect smoothie for breakfast!
Banana Breakfast Smoothie
I love breakfast smoothies! They are incredibly delicious, yet so healthy and nutritious. What’s not to love about them?
So, today I bring you my Banana Breakfast Smoothie.
Made from only 4 ingredients, this banana smoothie is delicious, healthy, and filling. This is THE most perfect smoothie for breakfast!
If you’re a banana fan, you are gonna love it. ♥
This is my most requested smoothie to make, and is loved by both kids AND adults, so be prepared to make this most, if not, every morning!
Why this recipe works
- These smoothies are deliciously thick from using frozen bananas. You can certainly use fresh bananas, but it may not be as thick unless you use a little less milk.
- Greek-style yogurt adds to the thickness and creaminess of the smoothie.
- The amount of milk can be changed if you are craving a thick smoothie, or a more thin one.
- Honey can also be adjusted depending on how sweet you want it.
- You only need 4 ingredients, and it’s such an adaptable recipe. You just can’t go wrong with this smoothie.
How to make Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Ingredients you’ll need:
- bananas – you’ll need 2 large ones, or 4 small ones
- greek-style yogurt – plain or vanilla flavour!
- almond milk (or any kind you like)
- honey – or maple syrup or agave to taste
Have all of them? Go make this smoothie!
This smoothie is made from 2 large bananas, Greek-style yogurt, almond milk, and a little honey for sweetness.
Simply blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth and thick. If you don’t have a blender, you may use a food processor.
I like my smoothies thick, but if you find it to be too thick for your liking, just add more milk!
This recipe yields one very large smoothie, or two smaller ones. It’s quite a filling smoothie, so if you don’t want to drink it all in one go, save the rest for later, or the next morning.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tools used for this recipe
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these smoothies. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Blender: This smoothie can also be made in a food processor, but it may take a little longer to get completely smooth.
- Drinking jars: Or you can use any other mugs or glasses you have already.
Browse all of my favourite Amazon products! Shop now >>
Tips & tricks for this recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for making this smoothie.
- This smoothie recipe can easily be halved or even doubled depending on how many smoothies you want to make.
- Depending on your preference, you can either make this smoothie thick or runny. For a thick smooth, follow the recipe completely and use FROZEN slices of banana. For a more runny smoothie, use fresh banana slices, and add a little more milk.
- Honey is for taste and sweetness and is totally optional. Depending on how ripe your bananas are, the smoothie may be plenty sweet for your tastes already.
- Mix it up and throw in another lot of your favourite fruit! How about banana and strawberry? If doing this, simply replace a banana with the same amount (weight) of the other fruit.
This Banana Breakfast Smoothie is:
- deliciously thick and creamy
- loaded with flavour
- filling, and perfect for breakfast!
- cool and refreshing – a great summer smoothie
These smoothies are super quick and easy to throw together and enjoy straight away, but if you are really short on time, you can keep them covered and refrigerated overnight ready for the morning.
Top these with a banana slice and a drizzle of honey, and you have yourself the most perfectly delicious and filling breakfast smoothie!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
More delicious drinks to try!
Looking for more banana recipes?
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Caramel Cupcakes
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Saturday 28th of May 2022
Hi! I can't do yoghurts as dairy products don't sit well with me, can I skip it or what should I replace it with? I can't wait to try this to drink in the morning before my yoga practice!
Monday 30th of May 2022
Hi Meggy! You can use dairy-free yogurt instead :)
Friday 4th of March 2022
The smoothie is great. I also added some cinnamon and it is literally AMAZING! Thank you so much!
Thursday 6th of August 2020
This is so so delicious, thank you.
Monday 23rd of July 2018
Nice, simple smoothie recipe. Saw it on pinterest and loved the picture.
Monday 23rd of July 2018
Thanks, Anna! Enjoy! :)
Sunday 24th of December 2017
Yum this looks so good, I've made a smoothie that's similar before but I've never added greek yoghurt. I'll try this out :)