Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously soft, thick, and chewy chocolate chip cookies that are LOADED with banana flavour. The perfect cookies for banana lovers!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
I just can’t resist a good chocolate chip cookie, and these Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are no exception.
These cookies are soft, thick, and chewy. They’re loaded with banana flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. Banana lover? You are gonna fall in love with this recipe.
Have you made the chocolate version of these cookies yet? My Double Chocolate Banana Cookies are a must-try!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cornflour OR cornstarch: Makes for extra soft and thick cookies.
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Banana: You’ll need 1 small banana, which should be about 100g.
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies, simply start by whisking together the flour, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until combined. Add the banana and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, mix until just combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. The cookies may look a little soft on top, but they’ll firm up as they cool.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- deliciously soft, thick, and chewy
- LOADED with banana flavour
- stuffed full of chocolate chips
- perfect for you banana lovers!
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these banana recipes next!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Bars
- Fudgy Banana Brownies
- 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1 small banana - 100g, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until combined. Add the banana and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction