Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously soft, thick and chewy cookies that are made from a cake mix, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. These easy cake mix cookies only require 4 simple ingredients, too!
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have the most easiest and delicious cookie recipe for you!
These cookies are made from a whole box of vanilla cake mix. With a few other ingredients thrown in, these cookies came out super soft, thick, and chewy.
For this recipe, all you’ll need are 4 simple ingredients that you most probably already have at home. And if you do, you are only minutes away from having the most easiest, most delicious, most vanilla-y cookies EVER.
This is an easy one for the kids, too. My daughter absolutely loves making cake mix cookies!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- 1 box (15.25oz / 432g) vanilla cake mix: I used Betty Crocker – Super Moist French Vanilla Cake Mix.
- Vegetable oil
- Large eggs: You’ll need 2.
- Chocolate chips: Milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies, simply start by grabbing a large mixing bowl. Mix together the vanilla cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
TIP: For looks, top the cookie dough balls with a few extra chocolate chips before baking.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. The cookies will be VERY soft, but will firm up as they cool.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously thick, soft, and chewy
- loaded with chocolate chips
- perfectly flavoured with vanilla
- the most EASIEST cookies you’ll ever make!
How long will these cake mix cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Try different add-ins! Try white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts, or a mix of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate chunks, OR even a bunch of your favourite sprinkles!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Coffee Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies via Just So Tasty
- 15.25 oz (432g) box vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking tray. For looks, top with a few extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. The cookies will be VERY soft, but will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Marsha's Baking Addiction.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction