Caramel Crunch Brownies – Deliciously thick and fudgy brownies that are topped with a generous layer of caramel loaded with Cornflakes. The ultimate crunchy brownies!
If you love fudgy brownies, caramel, and Cornflakes, then I have the perfect recipe for you – Caramel Crunch Brownies!
These brownies (my perfect brownie base recipe) are incredibly thick and fudgy, infused with a little vanilla, and topped with a thick layer of gooey caramel loaded with Cornflakes.
If you have a big sweet tooth like me, then you are gonna fall in love with these brownies. ♥
How to make Caramel Crunch Brownies
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter: No need to have at room temperature.
- Granulated sugar: You’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) which is the perfect amount of sugar – do not try to use less as this may affect results.
- Cocoa powder: I love and use Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Large eggs: You’ll need 2, straight from the fridge.
- Vanilla extract
- Plain/all-purpose flour: You only need 1/2 cup (60g) of flour. Using a small amount of flour is what makes for extra fudgy brownies.
- Chocolate chips: You may use milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
For the caramel crunch layer, you’ll need:
- Chewy caramels or toffees: I love and use Thorntons Original Special Toffee.
- Evaporated milk
To make these brownies, simply start by placing the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a microwave-safe bowl, and heating for 30 seconds.
Stir the mixture well, then continue to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the butter is melted and the mixture is combined. The mixture should very warm/hot to the touch.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix well until combined. Mix in the flour until fully combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips. Make sure not to let ALL the chocolate chips melt into the warm batter.
Pour the batter into an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre in no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack whilst preparing the caramel crunch topping.
For the topping, place the caramels and evaporated milk in a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
Add the Cornflakes and fold in until completely coated. Pour the caramel Cornflake mixture over the brownie base, spread out evenly, and pat it down until compact.
Refrigerate for at least 1 – 2 hours or until the brownies are completely cool and the topping is set before slicing and serving.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
These Caramel Crunch Brownies are:
- incredibly quick and easy to throw together
- deliciously thick and fudgy
- infused with vanilla
- generously topped with a layer of caramel loaded with Cornflakes
How long will these brownies last? These brownies will stay fresh stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these brownies? Yep! They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥