Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Deliciously soft and chewy breakfast cookies that are loaded with carrots, bananas, and chocolate chips. These healthy cookies would make the perfect breakfast or snack!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
If you made and enjoyed my Banana Breakfast Cookies, then you’ll love this carrot cake version.
These Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies are soft and chewy, loaded with bananas and carrots, and perfectly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Throw in some chocolate chips for added sweetness and a little indulgence, and you have yourself the most perfect healthy cookies to enjoy for breakfast or a snack!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Bananas: You’ll need 2 large bananas, mashed. The riper, the sweeter the cookies will be.
- Carrots: Grated. You’ll want 124g which is about 1 cup.
- Vanilla extract
- Quick porridge oats: Rolled oats work just fine too.
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet. Use vegan to make these cookies completely vegan. Don’t want chocolate chips? Use dried fruit instead!
How to make Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
To make these cookies, simply grab a large bowl and mix together the mashed bananas, grated carrots, vanilla, oats, and spices until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the mixture into 1-oz balls and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
The mixture will be quite sticky. If needed, use slightly damp hands to make this process easier.
Flatten the balls out and shape into circles.
Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly golden on top.
Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tools you’ll need
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these cookies. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen scales: I always recommend weighing out your ingredients for complete accuracy. Sometimes using cups can be a little off, especially when it comes to ingredients like oats and grated veg.
Browse all of my favourite Amazon products! Shop now >>
These Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- incredibly thick, soft, and chewy
- LOADED with banana and carrots
- perfectly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- studded with chocolate chips
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these cookies? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.