Carrot Cake Loaf – An incredibly moist and delicious carrot cake loaf that is packed full of flavour, loaded with grated carrot, and topped with a thick cream cheese frosting!
If you love carrot cake just as much as I do, then you’ll love today’s recipe. I have a few carrot cake recipes on my blog already. See these Blondies (one of my faves), Carrot Layer Cake, and my Cheesecake Swirl Carrot Bundt Cake. I recommend all of them. 🙂
But today, I have a new favourite – Carrot Cake Loaf!
This Carrot Cake Loaf is:
- incredibly moist, and a mix between fluffy and dense
- packed full of flavour from warming spices
- stuffed FULL of grated carrots, not one bite without them!
- topped with a thick and sweet cream cheese frosting
I like to pretend this loaf is somewhat good for me, and have a slice for breakfast. 😉
Seriously though, this cake loaf is good even without the frosting, a slice warmed up in the microwave – divine paired with a cuppa tea or coffee! Store the rest away in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
BEST carrot cake loaf I’ve ever had. I hope you get to try it!
Try these delicious recipes next!
- 3 cups plain/all-purpose flour 375g
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 170g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 80ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1/2 cup cream cheese 115g, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 56g, softened
- 2 cups icing/powdered sugar 250g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line an 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
Mix together the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the grated carrots. Do not over-mix. The batter will be quite thick. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the cake from browning too much. Leave to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add the icing sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth and spreadable.
Spread the frosting over the cooled loaf, top with walnuts or pecans (optional), then slice and serve.
Frosted or unfrosted cake stays fresh in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. It also freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
The calories are an estimate only.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Marsha’s Baking Addiction!