Cheesecake Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies – These deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookies are stuffed with creamy cheesecake, and studded with chocolate chips!
Guys, I made my Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies chocolate flavour, and stuffed them with cheesecake. Cheesecake Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies! Best decision ever.
Cheesecake Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
I absolutely love this cookie recipe. That’s why I call it my favourite. Today, I’ve made them even better, and now I can’t decide how I like them! I’ve simply removed a little flour and replaced it with cocoa powder, and filled the centres with scrumptiously creamy cheesecake.
Absolute chocolate/cheesecake heaven!
The cheesecake filling is a super quick and easy recipe, that only requires 3 ingredients. Cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Simply mix all them ingredients together until smooth, then place teaspoons of the mixture onto a baking tray, and freeze until solid – about 1 – 2 hours.
Then you’re ready to stuff your cookies!
This recipe makes 9 big cookies, or 12 normal-sized cookies. Decide how many you want to make, and that’s how many teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture you want to freeze. 🙂
More delicious cookies to try!
These deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookies are stuffed with creamy cheesecake, and studded with chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain/all-purpose flour 125g
- 1 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips 45g, for topping
- 3/4 cup cream cheese 170g, softened
- 3 tablespoons caster/granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Place 9 - 12 teaspoons of the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Freeze until solid - about 1 - 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornflour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Microwave the butter for 1 minute, until mostly melted. Whisk in the sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. If the mixture is too sticky to handle, add 1 - 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Roll the dough into 2oz balls, about 9 big balls. You could also make about 12 smaller balls. Form the balls into flat, round circles, and place 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake mixture into the centres. Form the dough back into balls, sealing the cheesecake centre. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and press some chocolate chips on top.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking tray, flatten them slightly (them won't spread much in the oven) and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
The calories are an estimate only.