Cheesecake Swirl Chocolate Bundt Cake – Deliciously moist and fluffy chocolate Bundt cake, swirled with a thick and creamy vanilla cheesecake centre!
This month, I am teaming up with a group of fellow food bloggers to do a monthly recipe challenge called the “Yum of the Month”. The way this works is each month, one member chooses a theme or ingredient, and then we all have to create a recipe around that theme. The Yum of the Month team members are all talented baker bloggers who create the most gorgeous desserts.
Let me introduce you to the team! We have Shadi from Unicorns in the Kitchen, Amy from Accidental Happy Baker, Michelle from Giraffes Can Bake, and Wajeeha from I Knead to Eat. Our Yum of the Month challenge for this month is Bundt Cakes, chosen by me! (Of course I’d pick Bundt cakes. 😉 ) My contribution for this month’s theme is my Cheesecake Swirl Chocolate Bundt Cake. Be sure to check out everyone else’s contributions below my recipe!
I really think you’re going to love seeing these recipes every month!
Cheesecake Swirl Chocolate Bundt Cake
Adapted from these cakes, this cake is incredibly moist and fluffy, with a deliciously rich chocolate flavour, and is swirled with a thick and creamy vanilla cheesecake layer. The cheesecake centre just tops this cake, and pairs beautifully with the chocolate. Cheesecake and chocolate is a match made in heaven!
This cake would be a real crowd-pleaser at your Thanksgiving, or Christmas party. It’s super easy to make, and looks very impressive!
- 2 and 1/2 cups cake flour* 250g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup caster sugar/granulated sugar 100g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter 226g, melted
- 1 cup Greek style yogurt 240ml, room temperature
- 1 cup cream cheese 225g, softened
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g
- 1/2 cup double/heavy cream 115ml
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs. Add the sugars, and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla, melted butter, and yoghurt, and whisk until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla, then fold in the flour.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the cake batter, then pour the remaining cake batter on top.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack or serving plate to cool completely.
- Microwave the heavy cream until very hot, but not boiling.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until completely melted and smooth. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Leave to cool for 5 - 10 minutes, then drizzle over the cooled cake, and serve. For a thicker ganache like pictured, leave to cool completely, then pour it onto the cake, and spread out as desired.
*Make your own cake flour! Weigh out 2 and 1/2 cups (312g) plain/all-purpose flour, remove 5 tablespoons, and replace with 5 tablespoons of cornflour/cornstarch. Sift well.
You can bake this cake 1 day in advance. Allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and keep in the fridge until ready to frost and serve. This cake also freezes well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before frosting and serving.
The calories are an estimate only.