Moist and tender chocolate bundt cake drizzled in a chocolate cream cheese frosting and decorated with chocolate chips!
Today, I’m sharing with you my favourite chocolate bundt cake recipe! This cake is incredibly moist, tender, and absolutely delicious. Top that with a creamy, sweet chocolate frosting and you’ve got yourself the perfect chocolate cake.
If you’re a chocolate cake lover, you have got to try my chocolate bundt cake. Right now.
This chocolate cake gets so many compliments from my family whenever I make it. Definitely a crowd-pleaser!
If you’ve never baked a cake in a bundt pan before, here’s a couple of tips to help you:
- Make sure you generously spray AND flour the pan before pouring the cake mixture in.
- If the cake does become stuck in the pan, try steaming the cake out! Lay a clean tea towel in the sink, boil the kettle and pour the steaming hot water in the sink, over the towel. Now, place the bundt pan in the sink, wrap the towel around the pan sides, then cover the sink with another bigger towel to keep the steam in. Leave for 5 – 10 minutes. Now, dry the bundt pan, and turn the cake out onto your desired plate!
I learnt to do these tricks after my first failed attempt of baking in a bundt pan. When I tried turning it out after leaving it to cool completely, the cake broke right in half! Now, if I know I’ve properly greased the pan, I can turn the cake out after 20 minutes of cooling.
I hope you’ll love this cake just as much as my family and I do!
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 340 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 115 g unsalted butter softened
- 450 g caster sugar
- 240 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240 ml buttermilk
For the Frosting
- 180 g cream cheese softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 - 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk or more for drizzling consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A handle of chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Spray and flour a 10" bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until well combined. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth, and at the desired thickness. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk to loosen to drizzle consistency.
- Pour, or spoon over the cake, then sprinkle with chocolate chips.