Chocolate Chip Blondies – These blondies are deliciously thick and chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips. A perfect blondie base!
No pumpkin to see here. 😉 Today, I bring you my perfectly delicious Chocolate Chip Blondies! These blondies are everything you want them to be. They are thick, chewy, and dense, they taste like a rich buttery caramel, and they have that paper-thin crinkly top. These blondies are also super quick and easy to make, too, and all you need is one bowl!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
To make these incredibly scrumptious blondies, simply whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and salt, and whisk until combined. Whisk in the flour, then fold in the chocolate chips. Spread into an 8×8-inch pan and bake at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for about 40 – 50 minutes. Done!
You can let them cool completely, or you could go grab a warm slice. 😉 These blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3 days (they get chewier by the day!). They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
More bars to try next!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170g, melted
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar 100g
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminium foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until smooth and combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt, and whisk vigorously until smooth and combined. Whisk in the flour until completely combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan, and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until the centre is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over-bake. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. I like to leave mine overnight before slicing, as they are more firm and I get cleaner, neater cuts.
Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.