Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks – Deliciously thick and chewy cookies that are loaded with flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. They are sliced into sticks which makes them perfect for dunking into tea/coffee, or a glass of milk!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
Classic chocolate chip cookies get a fun, new twist!
These cookies are thick and chewy, they’re perfectly infused with vanilla, and they are LOADED with chocolate chips.
Instead of forming the dough into balls, we are going to be dropping all of the dough into a square baking pan, and pressing it into an even layer. Once baked and cooled, slice into long sticks.
The best part about making these cookie sticks? They are PERFECT for dunking in a hot cup of tea/coffee, or even a glass of milk!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
To make these cookie sticks, simply grab a medium bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
Add the egg and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop the dough into an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil, and press firmly into an even layer.
If desired, top with extra chocolate chips.
Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into sticks.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- deliciously thick and chewy
- perfectly infused with vanilla
- stuffed full of chocolate chips
- perfect for dunking into tea/coffee, or milk!
How long will these cookie sticks last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough can also be wrapped in clingfilm and kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
If desired, you can also double the recipe and bake in a 13×9-inch pan.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these treats next!
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough into the prepared pan and press firmly into an even layer. If desired, top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into sticks.
Cookie sticks stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough can be wrapped in clingfilm and kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 cookie sticks Serving Size: 1 cookie stick
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction