Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies – Deliciously soft, thick, and chewy chocolate cookies infused with coffee and studded with chocolate chunks. No chilling required!
I’m all about mocha right now, and not just in drink form. The flavour of chocolate and coffee is incredible in cookies, too. So, today I’m bringing you my Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies:
- plain OR all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- caster OR granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- large egg
- instant coffee granules
- chocolate chips
These cookies are slightly adapted from my Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies, my brother’s all-time favourite cookies. I’ve added cocoa powder, and a little extra cornflour for a thicker cookie.
I LOVE cornflour in cookies. It makes them incredibly thick, soft, and chewy without being cakey. You may also know cornflour as cornstarch. 🙂
I chopped up chunks of dark chocolate for these cookies, but you can use chocolate chips!
Thick cookie right there. ↑
So, if you love chocolate and coffee, you have got to try these chocolate chip mocha cookies. My coffee-loving family definitely approved of them, and I have a feeling they’ll be requested just as much as my chocolate chip coffee cookies are. 😉
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 and 3/4 cups plain/all-purpose flour 218g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 25g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar 50g
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee granules*
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g, and some extra for topping, or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, salt, and 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and mix until combined. Dissolve the remaining 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of hot water, then add to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, about 17 balls, place on the prepared baking tray, and press the extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Do not over-bake. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Use a coffee you absolutely love to drink! The taste is everything in this recipe. If you'd like a weaker coffee taste, skip the 2 tablespoons of coffee in the dry ingredients.
Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
The calories are an estimate only.