Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie – A deliciously soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie that is made in the microwave and served in a mug/ramekin. The easiest cookie recipe you’ll ever make, and it’s SO GOOD!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Ever had a cookie craving but didn’t wanna make a whole batch of cookies, or even put the oven on? I have just the recipe for you.
This single-serving cookie is made with just a few simple ingredients, takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, and is cooked in the microwave.
This cookie is soft and gooey with a chewy centre, it’s infused with vanilla, and LOADED with chocolate chips. It is the perfect quick treat for your cookie cravings!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this cookie. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using all brown sugar produces a chewier cookie and offers a more caramelised flavour.
- Milk: You can use any type you prefer.
- Vanilla extract
- Plain/all-purpose flour: You’ll want 25g, which is roughly 3 tablespoons. I recommend weighing the flour for accuracy.
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
To make this mug cookie, simply grab a small mixing bowl and whisk together the butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour and salt, mix until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Add the mixture to a small microwave-safe mug or ramekin (I used a 4-oz ramekin), and heat for 40 – 50 seconds (800W) – mine was done in 45 seconds.
NOTE: All microwaves are different and can yield different results (like a burnt, tough cookie). My microwave is 800W and I cooked mine on 100% power for 45 seconds. Knowing this may help you better judge how long to cook yours for.
Serve the cookie immediately with a scoop of ice cream or your favourite toppings! For looks, I topped mine with a few extra chocolate chips.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
This Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie is:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously soft and chewy
- infused with vanilla
- loaded with melty chocolate chips
- the EASIEST cookie you’ll ever make!
With just a few simple, staple ingredients you probably already have at home, you’ll have this mouth-watering mug cookie made in no time!
I recommend serving as soon as it is made, while it’s still warm, topped with your favourite toppings if desired.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies via Tutti Dolci
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.
- 1 tablespoon (14g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (20g) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (25g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (15g) chocolate chips
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the mixture to a small microwave-safe mug or ramekin, and heat for 40 - 50 seconds (800W) - mine was done in 45 seconds.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream if desired, and serve.
I used a 4-oz ramekin for this recipe.
All microwaves are different and can yield different results (like a burnt, tough cookie). My microwave is 800W and I cooked mine on 100% power for 45 seconds. Knowing this may help you better judge how long to cook yours for.
Microwave Watt Time Estimates:
700W - 50sec / 800W - 45sec / 900W - 40sec / 1000W - 35sec
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Marsha's Baking Addiction.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 mug cookie Serving Size: 1 mug cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction