Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies that are loaded with Oreo crumbs, and stuffed with whole Oreos!
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are so incredibly thick, soft, and chewy, and they are bursting with Oreo flavour. I’ve added Oreos to this recipe in two ways.
I mixed in a bunch of crushed Oreos to the cookie dough, then I stuffed each cookie with a whole Oreo.
It just doesn’t get any better than that. These cookies are so full of flavour, and have definitely become a favourite in my house!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter: Microwave the butter until partially melted.
- Light brown sugar
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Oreos: You’ll need 6 crushed Oreos for the cookie dough, and 14 Oreos left whole.
How to make Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
To make these cookies, simply whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and the crushed Oreos, mix until just combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
TIP: If your dough seems too crumbly to bring together, you can add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is more manageable.
Roll the dough into 1oz balls. Place a whole Oreo on top of a dough ball, then top with another dough ball, and mould the two together to seal in the Oreo.
Repeat with the remaining dough balls and Oreos.
Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Limit the baking tray to only 2 – 3 dough balls at a time, as they are quite large cookies.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- so thick, soft, and chewy
- bursting with flavour
- loaded with crushed Oreos
- stuffed with whole Oreos
- BIG bakery-style cookies!
How long will these Oreo cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
For freshly-baked cookies every time, the cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, microwaved until partially melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (130g) chocolate chips
- 20 Oreos - 6 crushed, 14 left whole
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and the crushed Oreos, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1oz balls. Place a whole Oreo on top of a dough ball, then top with another dough ball, and mould the two together - sealing in the Oreo.
- Repeat with all of the dough balls and Oreos.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray, and bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Limit the baking tray to only 2 - 3 dough balls at a time, as they are quite large cookies.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen.
Recipe inspired by Picky Palate
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction