Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy cookies that are loaded with peanut butter flavour, and full of chocolate chips!
Who doesn’t love a good peanut butter cookie?
Well, peanut butter lovers, today I bring you a cookie recipe just for you. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies! Of course I had to throw in some chocolate chips, too. 😉
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies:
- plain OR all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cornflour OR cornstarch
- unsalted butter
- caster OR granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- smooth peanut butter
- chocolate chips
This is my favourite peanut butter cookie recipe. These cookies are thick, soft and chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside. They’re loaded with peanut butter flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. They also have a surprise peanut butter centre.
I absolutely love them, and so does the family!
More peanut butter recipes to try!
I hope you enjoy! 🙂
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar 50g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 125g
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g, plus extra for topping
- 16 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
Scoop out 16 teaspoons of peanut butter, and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Freeze until solid - at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornflour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 2oz balls, and flatten them out. Place the frozen peanut butter into the centres, then roll the dough back into balls. Place onto the prepared baking tray, and press the extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Do not over-bake. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
The calories are an estimate only.