Chocolate Chip Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies – Deliciously buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies stuffed full of chocolate chips!
Today, I bring you the first slice ‘n’ bake cookie recipe to hit the blog – Chocolate Chip Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies! And, of course they would be chocolate chips. 😉
Chocolate Chip Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies
I love slice ‘n’ bake cookies because they are super quick and easy to make, and you can just keep the dough logs in the fridge and slice ‘n’ bake whenever you crave a cookie or two.
The base ingredients for this recipe are butter, icing sugar, egg, and flour – that’s just 4 simple ingredients! The other ingredients are just for flavour.
To make these cookies, simply combine the butter, icing sugar, egg, vanilla extract, salt, and flour together using a handheld or stand mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips, then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Shape into a log, wrap in clingfilm, then chill for at least 4 hours. I like to leave mine in the fridge overnight.
Now the fun part – slicing and baking!
These chocolate chip slice ‘n’ bake cookies are incredibly buttery, and melt-in-your-mouth. Paired with the chocolate chips, these cookies are just divine. They will make the most perfect edible gift this Christmas.
More delicious cookies to try next!
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (90g) icing/powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add the flour and salt, and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 12-inch long log (about 2 inches wide), or two 6-inch logs.
- Tightly wrap the log in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, and up to 5 days. I like to chill mine overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Slice the log into thick slices, and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
Cookie dough logs freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before slicing and baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction