Rich, chocolate crinkle cookies rolled in icing sugar are the perfect edible Christmas gifts!
Here’s another perfect edible Christmas gift recipe – Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!
This is a super easy recipe with few ingredients to throw together, and baked in just 10 minutes. Deliciously crisp on the outside, and soft and moist on the inside. The icing sugar gives these cookies an extra sweetness that is not over the top sweet. Just right.
These cookies are bite-sized, so they are perfect for gifts. Oh, and that means I get to eat more than one, right? 😉
If you are a chocolate fanatic, you are going to love these cookies. The chocolate flavour is so rich and fudgey, just the way I like it!
These cookies are perfect warmed up with a hot cup of tea or coffee…
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 80 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 90 g caster sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g icing sugar to coat
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and caster sugar together. Using your fingertips, or a food processor, rub in the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture forms a sandy consistency with no large lumps of butter. Add in the egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. In a small bowl, add the icing sugar. Make walnut-sized balls of the dough, about 1 1/2" in diameter, and roll in the icing sugar until fully coated.
- Place the balls onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.