Chocolate Fridge Cake – Digestive biscuit pieces, and mini marshmallows coated in a creamy, thick dark chocolate. The perfect no-bake treat!
Do I have a treat for you guys today! Today’s recipe consists of broken Digestive biscuit pieces, mini marshmallows, and lots and lots of dark chocolate. What’s not to love??
This no-bake, indulgent treat is super quick and easy to make. Prepped in about 15 minutes, and left to set in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours. This is the perfect treat to serve when you don’t want to turn on the oven on a hot summer’s day, and everyone will love it!
Ingredients for Chocolate Fridge Cake:
- dark chocolate (or milk, or semi-sweet!)
- unsalted butter
- golden syrup
- digestive bisuits
- mini marshmallows
To make this no-bake chocolate dessert, simply melt together the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Next, stir in the crushed biscuits and marshmallows, then spread out into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Chill until completely set – about 2 – 3 hours.
To get a nice, thick layer of chocolate on top (as pictured), simply reserve a little of the chocolate mixture (before adding biscuits), then spread it on top once everything is in the pan.
One of the BEST chocolate desserts you’ll ever try. I promise!
Try these no-bake desserts next!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Torte
Need more chocolate? Try these too!
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- No-Churn Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate Nesquik Milkshake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Fridge Cake
- 14 oz good quality dark chocolate 400g, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170g, cubed
- 1/4 cup golden syrup 90g, corn syrup, honey, or agave
- 200g digestive biscuits broken into pieces (you can use graham crackers, shortbread cookies, or any other)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows 60g
Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
In a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Stir in the biscuits, and then the marshmallows. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and refrigerate until set - about 2 - 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. It also freezes well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.