Chocolate M&M Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft, and chewy chocolate cookies that are infused with vanilla, and stuffed full of chocolate M&M’s. These are the perfect cookies for M&M lovers!
Chocolate M&M Cookies
Fan of chocolate M&M’s? If so, I have the perfect cookie recipe for you.
These cookies are thick, soft, and have an irresistibly chewy centre. They are rich in chocolate flavour, infused with vanilla, and LOADED with M&M’s.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use whichever M&M’s you want. I used milk chocolate, but you could use peanut, crispy, mint, etc.
Mint chocolate or peanut butter M&M’s used in these cookies would be a match made in heaven!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Makes for extra soft and thick cookies.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using mostly brown sugar creates extra chewy cookies with a deeper flavour.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate M&M’s
How to make Chocolate M&M Cookies
To make these cookies, simply grab a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and fold in until just combined.
Fold in the M&M’s.
Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate M&M Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to make
- incredibly thick, soft, and chewy
- rich in chocolate flavour
- infused with vanilla
- LOADED with chocolate M&M’s
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melting Moments (Butter Cookies)
- Coffee Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 and 1/2 cups (187g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the M&M's.
- Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Marsha's Baking Addiction.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction