This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Molten Cakes – Heavenly individual chocolate cakes with a melting chocolate centre with only 6 ingredients, and ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Valentine’s Day may have come and gone, but who’s stopping you and your special someone from indulging in these delicious chocolate molten lave cakes right now? With only 6 simple ingredients, you can have these ready to devour in less than 30 minutes!
And if you don’t want to bake these cakes up right away, simply pour the batter into the ramekins, cover with clingfilm, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Perfect if you don’t want to serve all four of them at once.
Chocolate Molten Cakes
How much melted centre you get depends on how long you bake them for. If you want more sponge over melted pudding, bake for a little longer. For the best tasting molten cakes, I highly recommend you use your favourite good quality dark chocolate.
If you’re a chocolate lover like me, you will fall in love with these molten cakes, and will want to make them again and again. I usually love to serve these with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, because the warmth of the cake makes it melt slowly as you indulge in this gorgeous pudding, but you could go for icing sugar (like mine today), more melted chocolate, salted caramel, or whipped cream!
Valentine’s Day or not… enjoy!
Chocolate Molten Cakes
- 2/3 cup good quality dark chocolate 115g, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g
- 1 cup icing/powdered sugar 125g
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour 62g
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Grease 4 ramekins, and place them on a baking tray.
- Microwave the chocolate, and butter together until completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly - about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the icing sugar, eggs, and egg yolks. Mix in the vanilla extract, and the flour until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes, until the sides of the cakes are firm, and the centres are still soft.
- Carefully run a knife around the edges of each cake, then turn them out onto serving plates. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, or your favourite topping.
If you don't want to bake these right away, simply cover the pudding in ramekins with clingfilm and keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Bake just before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.
Slightly adapted from Kraft.