Chocolate Orange Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft, and chewy chocolate cookies that are stuffed full of orange zest, chocolate chips, and Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces. These cookies are SO GOOD!
Chocolate Orange Cookies
I can’t resist anything chocolate and orange flavoured, and a Terry’s Chocolate Orange is no exception.
In fact, it’s one of my all-time favourite chocolates, so of course I had to create a recipe including it.
These chocolate cookies are thick, soft, and chewy, and packed FULL of orange zest, chocolate chips, and Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces.
They’re so quick and easy to make, and absolutely irresistible!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I love and use Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Makes for extra soft and thick cookies.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using mostly brown sugar results in extra soft and chewy cookies, as well as a subtle molasses flavour.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract: For a more intense orange flavour, you can use orange extract instead.
- Orange zest: From 1 large orange.
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange: Roughly chopped.
How to make Chocolate Orange Cookies
To make these cookies, simply grab a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces.
Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate Orange Cookies are:
- so quick and easy to make
- deliciously thick, soft, and chewy
- packed full of orange flavour
- stuffed full of orange zest, chocolate chips, and Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Vanilla Biscotti
- Iced Orange Cookies