Chocolate Orange Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies – Deliciously soft, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth orange infused slice ‘n’ bake cookies dipped in chocolate!
I’ve shared a few slice ‘n’ bake cookies on the blog, and today I bring you a new one. These cookies combine two of my favourite flavours, and they are divine – Chocolate Orange Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies!
Ingredients for Chocolate Orange Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies:
- unsalted butter
- icing/powdered sugar
- large egg
- orange juice
- plain/all-purpose flour
- orange zest
These cookies are incredibly soft, buttery, and melt-in-your-mouth. They are infused with orange juice, and orange zest, and dipped in melted dark chocolate. Sprinkle on extra zest if desired!
Slice ‘n’ Bake cookies are definitely one of my favourite types of cookies to make. I love how you can make the dough, roll it up, and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to slice a few off and bake. Quick, easy, and so convenient for when your cookie craving kicks in!
More slice ‘n’ bake cookies to try!
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (90g) icing/powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (266g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz (300g) chocolate (milk, dark or semi-sweet), coarsely chopped
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, and orange juice, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, orange zest, and salt, and beat until combined. Add more flour if dough is too sticky to handle.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 12-inch long log, or two 6-inch logs.
- Tightly wrap the log in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to 5 days. I like to chill mine overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Slice the log into thick slices, and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each cooled cookie in the melted chocolate, and leave to set on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You can refrigerate to set the chocolate more quickly.
Cookies stay fresh, in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
Cookie dough logs freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before slicing and baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction