Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake – Soft and moist chocolate bundt cake stuffed with Oreo chunks, iced and topped with even more Oreos!
This cake is a chocolate and Oreo lover’s dream. The sponge is so moist and melt-in-your-mouth, and the crushed Oreos add a delicious crunch.
This is my favourite chocolate cake recipe. I just love how soft and moist it is, it almost melts in your mouth. The vegetable oil and buttermilk are what makes this cake so moist. They also make the batter beautifully silky, you’ll want to dip your finger in and ‘taste test’ 😉
TIP: If you can’t get hold of buttermilk, make your own! Just add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to a measuring jug, then add 240ml of milk. Leave for 5 minutes, then it’s ready to use!
Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake
- 12 Oreos roughly crushed
- 2 and 3/4 cups self-raising flour 340g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, softened
- 2 and 1/4 cups caster/granulated sugar 450g
- 1 cup vegetable oil 240ml
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk 240ml
For the Glaze
- 2 and 1/2 cups icing/powdered sugar 312g
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 4 - 5 Oreos for topping, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Spray a 10" bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until well combined. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the Oreo chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together the icing sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add more milk if too thick. Pour over the bundt cake, and sprinkle with Oreo chunks.
TIP: If you can't get hold of buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar into a measuring jug, then pour in the milk. Leave for 5 minutes, then it's ready to use!