Chocolate Oreo Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. These Oreo cookies are totally irresistible!
Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Chocolate cookies and Oreos are definitely a match made in heaven, and this recipe is proof of that.
These Chocolate Oreo Cookies are thick, soft, and chewy; they’re rich in chocolate flavour, and are LOADED with chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
These really are the ultimate chocolate cookies if you are a big Oreos fan like myself. The Oreos just take this cookie recipe to a whole new level, and makes them totally irresistible!
Looking for more Oreo recipes? Check out my Mini Oreo Cheesecakes, Fudgy Oreo Brownies, and my Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge.
Why this recipe works
- These cookies are so quick and easy to make, and only require simple, basic ingredients.
- The right amount of cocoa powder used makes for the perfect amount of chocolate flavour without being too overpowering.
- The cookie dough does NOT need chilling, and can be baked straight away. This is always a bonus in my books!
- Using plenty of chopped Oreos and chocolate chips ensures these cookies bake up nice and thick.
- These cookies stay soft and chewy even after day one.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. See my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Makes for extra soft cookies, and also contributes to thickness.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using mostly brown sugar makes the cookies extra chewy and helps them spread less in the oven.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Oreos: You’ll need 10 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped.
How to make Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Step 1: Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
Step 4: Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
- Make sure to measure the flour properly. I always recommend weighing your ingredients out using kitchen scales, but if you are using measuring cups, here’s a handy guide on How to Measure Flour by Baked by an Introvert.
- If you don’t want to roll the cookie dough into balls (as the dough can be quite sticky), you can use a medium cookie scoop and drop scoops onto the baking tray.
- For looks, you can add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking.
- These cookies bake up quite thick, so you can flatten them slightly before baking if desired.
- Try warming a cookie up in the microwave for a few seconds to get that fresh-out-the-oven taste and texture!
These Chocolate Oreo Cookies are:
- so quick and easy to throw together
- chocolate-y rich and full of flavour
- stuffed full of chocolate chips and chopped Oreos
- the ULTIMATE chocolate cookies for Oreo lovers!
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Double Chocolate Banana Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.