Chocolate Oreo Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. These Oreo cookies are totally irresistible!
Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Chocolate cookies and Oreos are definitely a match made in heaven, and this recipe is proof of that.
These Chocolate Oreo Cookies are thick, soft, and chewy; they’re rich in chocolate flavour, and are LOADED with chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
These really are the ultimate chocolate cookies if you are a big Oreos fan like myself. The Oreos just take this cookie recipe to a whole new level, and makes them totally irresistible!
Why this recipe works
- These cookies are so quick and easy to make, and only require simple, basic ingredients.
- The right amount of cocoa powder used makes for the perfect amount of chocolate flavour without being too overpowering.
- The cookie dough does NOT need chilling, and can be baked straight away. This is always a bonus in my books!
- Using plenty of chopped Oreos and chocolate chips ensures these cookies bake up nice and thick.
- These cookies stay soft and chewy even after day one.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. See my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Makes for extra soft cookies, and also contributes to thickness.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using mostly brown sugar makes the cookies extra chewy and helps them spread less in the oven.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Oreos: You’ll need 10 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped.
How to make Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Step 1: Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
Step 4: Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
- Make sure to measure the flour properly. I always recommend weighing your ingredients out using kitchen scales, but if you are using measuring cups, here’s a handy guide on How to Measure Flour by Baked by an Introvert.
- If you don’t want to roll the cookie dough into balls (as the dough can be quite sticky), you can use a medium cookie scoop and drop scoops onto the baking tray.
- For looks, you can add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking.
- These cookies bake up quite thick, so you can flatten them slightly before baking if desired.
- Try warming a cookie up in the microwave for a few seconds to get that fresh-out-the-oven taste and texture!
These Chocolate Oreo Cookies are:
- so quick and easy to throw together
- chocolate-y rich and full of flavour
- stuffed full of chocolate chips and chopped Oreos
- the ULTIMATE chocolate cookies for Oreo lovers!
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!