Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – Deliciously moist and fluffy chocolate muffins that are loaded with peanut butter and banana flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. Perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
I bring you the most comforting muffins you’ll ever try.
Peanut butter and mashed banana combined into moist chocolate muffins stuffed full of chocolate chips. If that doesn’t sound like perfection, I don’t know what does.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are incredibly moist and fluffy (as well as being a little dense), and make the most comforting snack to enjoy with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these muffins. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Baking powder
- Large eggs: You’ll need 2.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Buttermilk: See my recipe notes below on how to make your own buttermilk.
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Bananas: You’ll need 2 medium bananas, mashed.
- Smooth peanut butter: Microwaved until runny – about 20 – 30 seconds.
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
To make these muffins, simply grab a medium bowl and whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and lighter in colour.
Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla, mashed banana, and peanut butter, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients in thirds and fold in until just combined – do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
The mixture will be thick and somewhat lumpy.
Spoon the mixture into a muffin pan lined with muffin cases (filling to the tops).
OPTIONAL: For the peanut butter swirl, spoon a small dollop of runny peanut butter on the tops, and use a knife or toothpick to create swirls.
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tools you’ll need
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these muffins. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Muffin pan
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen scales: I always recommend weighing out your ingredients for accuracy. Sometimes using cups can be a little off, especially when it comes to ingredients like flour.
- Cooling racks
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are:
- moist and fluffy (as well as a little dense)
- rich in chocolate flavour
- loaded with peanut butter and banana flavour
- stuffed full of melty chocolate chips
How long will these muffins last? These muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these muffins? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. If desired, warm up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these peanut butter treats next!
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars via A Simple Palate