I couldn’t stop staring at this beautiful peanut butter bark on Love & Olive Oil‘s site, I just had to make it myself!
This recipe is so easy, with only 3 ingredients (chocolate, peanut butter chips, and mini peanut butter cups), and only taking 20 minutes of your time to make, this would make a perfect last minute gift.
The gorgeous swirls are easy to create, by simply running a toothpick through both colours of chocolate in a circular motion. I promise you, it’s way easier than you think. It only looks complicated.
Note that if you melt the chocolate too quickly, it will lose its temper and the bark will need to be refrigerated. But, if you can manage to keep the chocolate under 88 degrees as it melts, it should hold its original crystal structure, and your bark will be shiny and snappy.
- 8 oz good quality 70-80%, dark chocolate , finely chopped
- 6 oz Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- In a microwave, gently melt the chocolate on the lowest possible heat setting, stirring regularly. The goal here is to keep the temperature under 90 degrees, above which the chocolate will lose its temper.
- Melt the peanut butter chips in a microwave on medium power in 20 second intervals, stirring until melted. If this mixture seems too thick, stir in a teaspoon or two of vegetable oil or shortening to thin it out.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spread into an even layer. It will not cover the entire pan, just spread it until it's as thick as you want your final bark to be. Dollop lines of melted peanut butter chips on top of chocolate. Run a toothpick or skewer through the two kinds of chocolate in a circular motion to form decorative swirls.
- Sprinkle evenly with peanut butter cups. Let it sit uncovered at room temperature for 1 - 2 hours, or until set. Break or cut into serving size pieces.
Recipe by [Love & Olive Oil