Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites – Deliciously chewy and fudgy chocolate energy balls loaded with peanut butter. They’re easy to make, no-bake, and make a quick healthy snack!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
I love a good quick and easy recipe that also happens to be no-bake and healthy. Bonus points if it includes chocolate and peanut butter, too!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are just that. They are chewy and fudgy, chocolate-y rich, and loaded with peanut butter flavour. I’ve also threw in some desiccated coconut for added chew and flavour – YUM.
If you love chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut, you are gonna love these energy balls. They are the perfect indulgent snacks to enjoy when you’re craving chocolate!
Looking for more healthy bites? Check out my No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites, No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls, and my Banana Breakfast Cookies.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these bites. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Rolled oats: You can also use quick porridge oats too.
- Crunchy peanut butter: You can use smooth peanut butter, but I love the added crunch.
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave: For added sweetness.
- Vanilla extract
- Desiccated coconut: OR shredded OR flaked coconut. If using shredded or flaked coconut, be sure to pulse it in a food processor to break it down – this will help create more tight, compact balls. No need to do this with desiccated coconut.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: I use Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Chocolate chips: You can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
To make these energy balls, simply grab a large mixing bowl, and mix together the oats, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, coconut, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips until completely combined.
The mixture may be a little too sticky to roll into balls, so refrigerate until firm enough – about 30 minutes.
Once chilled, roll the dough into 1oz balls. If the mixture is still sticky, you can dampen your hands to make the rolling process easier.
Refrigerate or freeze once again to allow them to firm up before eating.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- no-bake and healthy
- deliciously chewy and fudgy
- made from only basic, simple ingredients
- perfect for a quick, indulgent snack
How long will these energy bites last? These energy bites can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Can I freeze these energy bites? Yes! They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before eating.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these Chocolate PB recipes next!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Yoghurt Popsicles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Monday 28th of March 2022
Hi wanted to ask what I can substitute peanut butter with as I am allergic to it please advise?
Monday 28th of March 2022
Hi Victoria! You can use any other nut butters, or if you're allergic to more than just peanuts, sunflower or soy butter is also a good option.