Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy cookies that are loaded with desiccated coconut and chocolate chips. These are the PERFECT cookies for coconut lovers!
I absolutely love baking with coconut. Whether that be with coconut oil or desiccated coconut, it can take any recipe to a whole new level. And that is exactly what it has done in today’s recipe.
Today, I bring you these incredibly thick and delicious Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are so full of flavour with amazing texture, and are the most perfect cookies for all you coconut lovers!
Ingredients for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- caster/granulated sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- desiccated coconut
- chocolate chips
This recipe calls for two whole cups of desiccated coconut. This results in thick, chewy, flavourful cookies that have a wonderful texture. You’re gonna LOVE them!
To make these chocolate chip coconut cookies, simply whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl, then whisk together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in another bowl. Fold in the dry ingredients, then fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
Scoop up the dough into balls, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Though eating a cookie warm from the oven is a must!
Scroll down for the FULL printable recipe. 🙂
These Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- deliciously thick and chewy
- LOADED with coconut flavour
- stuffed full of chocolate chips
- super quick and easy to make
This recipe will make about 20 – 22 decent-sized cookies. They will stay fresh kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Prefer freshly baked cookies? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute. Delicious, fresh, warm cookies whenever you want!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
Try these cookie recipes next!
- My FAVOURITE Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies
- One GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookie
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Deliciously thick and chewy cookies that are loaded with desiccated coconut and chocolate chips. These are the PERFECT cookies for coconut lovers!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar 150g
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups desiccated coconut 120g
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips 130g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- If the dough seems a little dry and crumbly, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together.
Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
The calories are an estimate only.