Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies – Incredibly thick, soft and chewy cookies that are made with sweetened condensed milk, and stuffed full of chocolate chips!
Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who knew that adding sweetened condensed milk to my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe would make them even more irresistible?
Best decision ever.
Adding sweetened condensed milk to a cookie recipe makes them softer and chewier than regular choc chip cookies.
Whilst still being super thick, and loaded with chocolate chips, these cookies are just perfect. No chilling required!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies, start by whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
The cookies will look a little under-baked and soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for making these cookies.
- Do not confuse sweetened condensed milk with evaporated milk. It is not the same thing. Sweetened condensed milk is very thick and sweet unlike evaporated milk.
- For even thicker cookies, freeze the cookie dough balls until solid – about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Just before baking, top the cookie dough balls with a few extra chocolate chips – for looks!
- This recipe can easily be halved to make a small batch of cookies, or you can double it to share with family and friends.
These Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- deliciously thick, soft and chewy
- super quick and easy to make
- eggless, and made with sweetened condensed milk
- stuffed FULL of chocolate chips
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Homemade Gingernut Cookies
- Cinnamon Raisin Biscotti
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies