Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft, and chewy, and oh so chocolatey. The cream cheese makes these extra soft!
Today, I bring you my Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies! If you loved my Soft and Chewy Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies, then you’ll definitely love this chocolate version.
I absolutely love adding cream cheese to my cookies. It makes them extra soft, and I love super soft and chewy cookies! Once you try adding cream cheese to your cookies, you’ll want to add it to all your cookie recipes. 😉
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies:
- unsalted butter
- cream cheese
- light brown sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- plain/all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Double chocolate: cocoa powder and chocolate chips. I added 1 whole cup of chocolate chips to these cookies, because I looove chocolate chips, and I love devouring these cookies warm with all those melting chocolate chips inside. Chocolate heaven!
If you are a chocolate lover like me, then these cookies are for you. Seriously. You need to make these now!
More cookie recipes to try next!
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips, and some extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cornflour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add the egg and mix until combined, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, about 18 - 20 balls, and place on the prepared baking tray. Flatten slightly, then press the extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Do not over-bake. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction