Easy Chocolate Pudding – A deliciously thick and creamy chocolate pudding that is quick and easy to make, and consists of only simple, staple ingredients. The perfect dessert for chocolate lovers!
Easy Chocolate Pudding
If you’re looking for a quick and easy chocolate dessert that only requires simple ingredients, then look no further.
This Chocolate Pudding is incredibly thick and creamy, loaded with chocolate flavour, and is the perfect dessert to fix that sweet craving.
It’s one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made, and it is always a crowd-pleaser in my house. I’m sure you and your family will love this pudding just as much, too!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this pudding. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Light brown sugar: You can use white sugar, but I find brown sugar adds richness and enhances the chocolate flavour.
- Cocoa powder: I used Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder. Use your favourite as this will be the flavour of your pudding.
- Cornflour/cornstarch: This is what creates the pudding-like consistency.
- Salt: To balance out the sweetness.
- Milk: Whatever type you want to use.
- Double/heavy cream: Makes the pudding extra creamy.
- Unsalted butter: Adds to the smoothness and creaminess of the pudding.
- Vanilla extract
How to make Easy Chocolate Pudding
To make this pudding, grab a medium saucepan and whisk together the the brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornflour, and salt.
Pour in the milk and cream, and whisk together.
Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and reaches a pudding-like consistency.
This may take a while – but do not increase the heat to speed up the process.
Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract.
Pour the pudding into a heat-proof mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes, whisking often to prevent a skin from forming on top.
Cover the surface of the pudding with clingfilm – this will help prevent a skin from forming on top.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes until mostly cooled. Spoon into dessert dishes, serve warm, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
If desired, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
TIP: If you don’t mind the skin that forms on top during the cooling process, you can simply pour the pudding straight from the pan into heat-proof dessert dishes. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
This Easy Chocolate Pudding is:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- made from only simple, staple ingredients
- incredibly thick and creamy
- LOADED with chocolate flavour
- delicious served warm or cold
- the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers!
How long will this chocolate pudding last? This pudding can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these desserts next!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.