My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies – These cookies are deliciously soft, thick, big on flavour, and stuffed full of melty chocolate chips. They are a favourite for a reason!
Hey guys! Let me introduce you to my all-time favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, AKA the best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever try.
Well, in my opinion anyway, and I’ve tested enough cookie recipes to know I’ve found my favourite. 🙂
These chocolate chip cookies are super soft, thick, and full of flavour. If you’re a big cookie fan, you have got to give these a try!
As well as being incredibly delicious, these cookies are also super quick and easy to make. In fact, the hardest part about this recipe is waiting for these cookies to cool down before devouring!
Although, I will encourage you try one whilst it’s still warm from the oven…
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- plain/all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- caster/granulated sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips OR chunks
How to make these Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these chocolate chip cookies, simply whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then set aside.
Whisk together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla, then fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the cookie dough into 1.5oz balls, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Your cookies should look slightly under-baked with lightly browned edges. Don’t worry, they’ll firm up as they cool down!
TIP: For extra thick cookies, freeze the dough balls for an hour before baking. You’re welcome. ♥
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- deliciously soft and thick
- packed full of vanilla flavour
- super quick and easy to make
- loaded with chocolate chips
- perfect for sharing
This recipe makes about 18 decent sized cookies, making it perfect for sharing with family and friends!
If you happen to have any leftover cookies, they keep fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want to make them for a later date? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies
- Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Originally Published: April, 2016 | Updated: May, 2018
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction