Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Deliciously thick and fluffy American pancakes stuffed full of chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast and Pancake Day!
Today, I bring you my all-time favourite pancake recipe. And of course I’ve stuffed them with chocolate chips. 😉 These pancakes are so thick and fluffy, and oh so delicious!
Ingredients for Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- caster/granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- large egg
- chocolate chips
These pancakes are super easy to throw together, and you’ll have a batch of warm pancakes in 10 minutes. Simply whisk all the ingredients together, heat up some butter or oil in a frying pan, and pour on 1/4 cup of batter.
Flip over once you see bubbles appear on the surface, and is golden brown underneath. Cook until browned on each side, then repeat with the rest of the batter.
Drizzle on some maple syrup, golden syrup, honey, or chocolate syrup. Or even spread on some Nutella!
More breakfast ideas!
I hope you enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup plain/all-purpose flour 125g
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk 180ml
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 90g
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, and egg until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, and no lumps remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, and grease with cooking spray, oil, or a little butter. Dollop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip, and cook until browned on each side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, and serve warm!
Pancakes taste best the day they are made, but they do freeze well for up to 2 months. Re-heat to your liking.
The calories are an estimate only.