Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars stuffed with a creamy chocolate fudge centre. These bars take cookies to a whole new level!
Take my favourite chocolate chip cookies and my easy chocolate fudge, combine them together, and you have these incredibly delicious chocolate chip cookie bars stuffed with chocolate fudge – perfection!
These Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so thick, chewy, and crispy, while the centre is a soft and creamy fudge.
They pair so wonderfully together – you’re gonna love them, and will want to share them with everyone! Or not. 😉
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these bars. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
For the cookie dough:
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
For the chocolate fudge centre:
- Chocolate: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Sweetened condensed milk
How to make Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
To make and assemble these cookie bars, simply make the cookie dough as instructed below. Press half of the cookie dough into an 8×8-inch square baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
For the fudge, melt the chocolate in the microwave, then stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Pour into the pan, on top of the cookie layer, and spread out evenly. Top with the remaining cookie dough.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing into bars.
TIP: As soon as you’ve removed the pan from the oven, place it into the freezer for 2 hours. This will speed up the cooling time, and you’ll get neat, clean slices!
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Question: Do you prefer the soft, chewy middle slices, or do you reach for those deliciously crisp edges? ↓
These Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are:
- deliciously thick and chewy
- quick and easy to throw together
- bursting with flavour
- stuffed with a creamy chocolate fudge
- perfect for sharing! (Only if you want to, of course) 🙂
How long will these bars last? These bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these bars? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
More delicious bars to try next!
For the Cookie
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
For the Fudge
- 6 oz (175g) chocolate (milk, dark, or semi-sweet), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 can (7oz/198g) sweetened condensed milk
For the Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan.
For the Fudge
- Place the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Add the condensed milk, and whisk until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth out the top. Place the remaining cookie dough on top and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate or freeze for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
Bars stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 bars Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction