The BEST Fudgy Brownies – These brownies are incredibly soft and fudgy, rich in chocolate flavour, and have a shiny, crinkly top. These really are the best brownies!
The Best Fudgy Brownies
I originally brought you this brownie recipe back in March 2016, but from then and now I have been trying to improve it. I’m very happy to say that today I bring you the BEST fudgy brownies you’ll ever try!
In my opinion anyway. 😉
Of course everybody has their own version of what a “best” brownie recipe is. Some like rich and fudgy brownies, while others might like their brownies more cakey.
But if you’re the ones that like them fudgy and oh so rich, you need to try this recipe. Like, right now.
As well as being incredibly delicious, these fudgy brownies are also very quick and easy to make! You only need one bowl and a spatula for these easy homemade brownies, and they take just 30 minutes in the oven.
Here are some notes on the ingredients used in this recipe.
Ingredients you’ll need for these Fudgy Brownies:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar: You’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) which is the perfect amount of sugar – do not try to use less as this may affect results.
- Cocoa powder: I used Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Large eggs: Cold, straight from the fridge.
- Vanilla extract
- Plain/all-purpose flour: You only need 1/2 cup (60g) of flour. Using a small amount of flour is what makes for extra fudgy brownies!
- Chocolate chips: These will start to melt against the warm batter once you start mixing them in, but only fold them in a bit so they don’t all melt.
How to make Fudgy Brownies:
- Add the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute, then stir well. Heat for another minute and stir again. The mixture should be very warm to the touch.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix in until fully combined.
- Add the flour and fold in until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold in. Be sure not to let them all melt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil, and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Leave to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
TIP: To speed up the cooling process, I like to put my pan of brownies in the freezer for a couple of hours. This also results in neat, clean slices!
To store these fudgy brownies, simply keep them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze these for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements. Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
Try these brownie recipes next!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Originally Published: March, 2016 | Updated: July, 2018