Fudgy Oreo Brownies – Deliciously thick and fudgy brownies that are chocolatey rich, and loaded with Oreo cookies – The BEST Oreo cookie brownies you’ll ever try!
Fudgy Oreo Brownies
Raise your hands if you love brownies. How about Oreo cookies? Well, today I’ve combined the two to create the ultimate brownie recipe.
You are absolutely going to LOVE these!
These brownies are super thick, fudgy, and rich in flavour. I’ve stuffed them with whole Oreos, and topped them with broken ones. Perfection.
You won’t be able to stop at just one brownie – trust me. 🙂
These Fudgy Oreo Brownies are requested quite a lot, but I don’t mind. It means I get to have a few every time I make them!
Why this recipe works
- Using only a small amount of flour (1/2 cup/60g) is what makes these brownies extra fudgy.
- The perfect ratio of ingredients, and the method used is what contributes to the signature shiny, crinkly top.
- The added chocolate chips also help towards creating the crinkly top.
- Adding Oreo cookies to the centres and top gives a balancing crunch to these chewy, fudgy brownies.
How to make Fudgy Oreo Brownies
Ingredients you’ll need:
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- cocoa powder: I use and love Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- vanilla extract
- plain/all-purpose flour: You only need 1/2 cup (60g) of flour. Using a small amount of flour is what makes for extra fudgy brownies.
- chocolate chips
- Oreo cookies (you’ll want about 20 – 24 Oreos)
You’ll need 16 Oreos to fill the brownies with, and about 4 – 8 broken Oreos to place on top. Yup. These brownies are FULL of Oreos!
To make these fudgy brownies, simply place the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds.
Stir well, then continue heating in 30 second intervals (stirring after each one) until combined and very warm/hot to the touch.
Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well until combined. Fold in the flour until fully combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips. Be sure not to let them ALL melt into the warm batter.
Pour half of the batter into an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil, and spread out evenly.
Place the whole Oreos evenly over the batter, and top with the remaining batter. Top with the chopped Oreos.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for making these brownies.
- After your brownies have been in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, start checking on them. Give the pan a little shake to see if the centre of the brownies jiggle. If they don’t, they are done. Pull them out when the centre have only JUST set though – this will guarantee you’ll have super fudgy brownies.
- Make sure to allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing. Because of how fudgy these brownies are, they need to set and firm up during the cooling process.
- Want to speed up the cooling time? Place the pan of brownies in the freezer for 1 hour, then slice and enjoy!
- You can omit the chocolate chips if you want, or you can replace with white chocolate chips for a pop of colour, or even chopped nuts for extra crunch.
These Fudgy Oreo Brownies are:
- seriously thick and fudgy!
- deliciously rich in chocolate flavour
- loaded with Oreo cookies
- perfect for sharing (or not!)
How long will these brownies last? These brownies will stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these brownies? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
More brownie recipes to try next!
- Nutella Fudge Brownies
- Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Strawberry Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Want a change from brownies? Try my blondie recipes!