Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie – One deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookie stuffed full of white chocolate chips. The perfect giant cookie for chocolate lovers!
Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
I have shared a few giant cookie recipes with you already, including this Giant Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie.
This one’s for the chocolate lovers – Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Seriously, this cookie is chocolate overload. It’s thick and chewy, LOADED with chocolate flavour, and studded with a generous amount of white chocolate chips.
You can eat this cookie as one serving (I won’t judge!), or you can split it into 4 – 8 slices.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this cookie. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Egg: 2 tablespoons from one beaten egg.
- Vanilla extract
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Optional, but keeps cookie soft for days.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- White chocolate chips: If desired, you can also use milk, dark, or semi-sweet chips.
How to make Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
To make this cookie, simply grab a mixing bowl and whisk together the melted butter, and both sugars until combined.
Add the beaten egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
Add the flour (start with 1/4 cup (31g)), cocoa powder, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
Start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is sticky but no longer runny (I needed 2 tablespoons).
Fold in the white chocolate chips.
Drop the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, making sure the dough is tall and not too flat.
Place a few more chocolate chips on top, then bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
The centre will still be a little under-baked, but it’s fine – it will firm up as it cools. You do NOT want to over-bake this cookie, otherwise it can become cakey.
Leave to cool on the tray until it is firm enough to be moved to a wire rack or plate.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Shop the Recipe
Here are a few handy tools I used to make this cookie. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Browse all of my favourite Amazon products! Shop now >>
This Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookie is:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously thick and chewy
- big enough to share! Cut into 4 – 8 slices.
- LOADED with chocolate – perfect for you chocolate lovers
How long will this giant cookie last? This cookie will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Chocolate Orange Brownie Cookies
- Raspberry Banana Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (20g) caster/granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (20g) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (47g) plain/all-purpose flour**
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (45g) white chocolate chips, plus a few extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour (start with 1/4 cup (31g)), cocoa powder, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is sticky but no longer runny (I needed 2 tablespoons).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough onto the prepared baking tray. Make sure the dough is tall and not too flat. Place a few more chocolate chips on top, then bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- The centre will still be a little under-baked, but it's fine - it will firm up as it cools. Leave to cool on the tray until it is firm enough to be moved to a wire rack or plate.
*In a small bowl, or mug, beat a large egg well. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg into the cookie mixture.
**To avoid a big cakey cookie, when folding in the flour, start off with 1/4 cup (31g), then start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is not longer runny, but is a very sticky dough. I needed 2 extra tablespoons, but you may need more or less.
This cookie will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 cookie Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 855Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 896mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 2gSugar: 66gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction