Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies made with no butter, or refined white sugar. The BEST healthier cookies!
Today, I bring you my most favourite recipe for Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now you can stick to your healthy eating, and eat that cookie! Because you shouldn’t deprive yourself of the occasional treat. 😉
Ingredients for Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- porridge oats
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips
To make these cookies healthier, I used coconut oil instead of butter, coconut sugar instead of regular white or brown sugar, and dark chocolate chips. I’ve also added in 1 cup of quick oats, for extra healthy chewy deliciousness!
These cookies are deliciously thick and chewy, with a slightly crispy outside, and are loaded with dark chocolate chips. No one will EVER guess that these cookies are healthier – they are just too good! ♥
More delicious cookies to try!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and sugar until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, place on the prepared baking tray, and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction