Melting Moments (Butter Cookies) – Deliciously soft, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies that are infused with vanilla, super easy to make, and only requires 6 simple ingredients!
Melting Moments (Butter Cookies)
Melting Moments (also known as butter cookies or even cornstarch cookies) are unleavened cookies consisting of butter, flour, and sugar. They are wonderfully buttery and melt-in-your-mouth.
My butter cookies are eggless, and uses more cornflour/cornstarch than flour, resulting in such a soft, delicate crumb.
These cookies are absolutely perfect on their own, but if desired, you can fill them with buttercream or chocolate ganache and sandwich them together.
These cookies are so quick and easy to make, and only requires 6 simple ingredients you probably already have at home. Trust me, you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Unsalted butter: You’ll want this partly melted. Just add it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat until the butter is just about half melted.
- Vanilla extract: If desired, you can use any flavour you want!
- Icing/powdered sugar: Using icing sugar instead of caster or granulated sugar makes for a more soft, delicate cookie.
- Cornflour/cornstarch: We’re using more cornflour than flour in this recipe to achieve a wonderfully soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
How to make Melting Moments (Butter Cookies)
To make these cookies, simply whisk together the butter, vanilla extract, and icing sugar until creamy and combined.
Add the cornflour, flour, and salt, and mix to form a smooth, soft (not at all sticky) dough.
Roll the dough into small 0.7oz balls, and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Press them down lightly with the tines of a fork.
Freeze for about 10 – 20 minutes or until the cookie dough is solid. This will help prevent the cookies from spreading – they’ll bake up thick and retain their shape. (Bear in mind the cookies in the recipe video were not baked from frozen, and they did spread and flattened out a little.)
TIP: Before baking, you can top the cookies with a few of your desired sprinkles, making these perfect for any festive season!
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until firm and just starting to colour around the edges (they will still be VERY pale). Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tools used for this recipe
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these cookies. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baking trays
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen scales: I always recommend weighing out your ingredients for accuracy. Sometimes using cups can be a little off, especially when it comes to ingredients like flour.
- Cooling rack
Browse all of my favourite Amazon products! Shop now >>
These Melting Moments Cookies are:
- incredibly quick and easy to throw together
- super soft, buttery, delicate, and melt-in-your-mouth
- infused with a hint of vanilla
- made with only 6 simple ingredients
- perfect for sharing and gift-giving
How long will these butter cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Can I freeze these cookies? Yes! They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. Allow them to come to room temperature if desired.
If you prefer freshly-baked cookies every time, you can keep the cookie dough balls, shaped, in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies