Mini Chocolate Easter Cheesecakes – These miniature cheesecakes have a delicious chocolate Digestive biscuit crumb, and an indulgent dark chocolate layer on top, decorated with Mini Eggs!
This week is my birthday week! My birthday is on Friday, and I’m starting my week off with these adorable Mini Cheesecakes. I love miniature desserts, and cheesecake, so these are just perfect! It’s also Easter at the end of the month, so why not decorate these with Mini Eggs?
Mini Chocolate Easter Cheesecakes
I’m going to be honest now. These are actually my first successful baked cheesecakes. Not because the recipe was no good, but because my oven temperature was way off. I definitely recommend buying an oven thermometer, because not all ovens are accurate, and could be as much as 100 degrees off! Cheesecakes are one of those recipes you need the correct oven temperature to get right.
But here they are, the most perfect mini cheesecake recipe (made with the right oven temperature)! This recipe is so quick and simple, with only a few ingredients. These can also be prepared the night before, and kept in the fridge overnight!
- 10 Digestive biscuits
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 56g, melted
- 2 cups cream cheese 450g, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar 100g
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate 175g, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 115ml
- 36 Smarties Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin cases, and set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the biscuits into fine crumbs. Add the cocoa powder and melted butter, and mix until all the crumbs are moist. Press the mixture into the prepared muffin cases. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, then allow to cool whilst preparing the cheesecake.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin cases, and bake for 20 - 22 minutes, or until the cheesecakes are just set. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. In a microwave-proof bowl, heat the heavy cream until hot, then pour over the chocolate. Leave for 30 seconds before stirring until smooth.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the cheesecakes, top with Mini Eggs, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until set.
Leftover cheesecakes can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
These cheesecakes freezes well, covered tightly, for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before glazing and serving.
The calories are an estimate only.