Red Velvet cheesecake topped with vanilla cheesecake on top of a sweet Digestive biscuit base. No-bake and perfect mini cheesecakes for Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I’m getting into all this romantic baking – if you haven’t already, check out my Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins, Frosted Funfetti Cookies, and Red Velvet Roulade to make your loved one swoon!
Today I bring you Mini Red Velvet and Vanilla Cheesecakes. Mini desserts are always better, right? These are perfect to share with your Valentine, whether you like Red Velvet or vanilla, you can have it all in one mini cheesecake! Did I mention that these also contain no eggs? No need to worry about consuming raw eggs in this recipe!
Cheesecakes may seem daunting to make for some, but this recipe is super quick and easy, you just can’t go wrong. This is a perfect recipe for beginners who don’t want to start off making a full-sized cheesecake. Oh, and these are no-bake! Who doesn’t love a no-bake cheesecake recipe? 😉
- 8 - 10 Digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup caster sugar 56g
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 56g, melted
- 6 g powdered Gelatine or 2 leaves*
- 1 cup heavy cream 250ml
- 1 cup cream cheese 225g
- 1/2 cup caster sugar 112g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Red food colouring I used Sugarflair Spectral Concentrated Paste in Velvet Red
- Sprinkles optional
- Grease six 7.6cm x 5.0cm food rings, place on a baking tray, and set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the biscuits into fine crumbs. Mix in the sugar, and cinnamon, then add the melted butter, and mix until all the crumbs are moist. Press the mixture into the prepared food rings. Chill whilst preparing the cheesecake.
- Microwave the 50ml of heavy cream until warm. Add the Gelatine, and stir until dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool, but not set (give it a whisk often).
- Whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks start to form.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat the Gelatine cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon about 2/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl, mix in the cocoa powder, and red food colouring (1/4 teaspoon, then add more if needed), then divide between the prepared food rings. Smooth out the surfaces. Top with the remaining mixture, and smooth out the surfaces. Chill for at least 2 - 3 hours to set.
- To serve, stand the cheesecakes at room temperature for 10 minutes before transferring to serving plates and carefully pushing them out of the rings. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
*If using Gelatine leaves, soak the leaves in a bowl of cold water until softened, then add to the warm cream as normal, and stir until melted.
NOTE: You can use larger sized food rings, but make sure to double or triple the recipe.