No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites – Deliciously creamy and fudgy energy bites bursting with peanut butter flavour, and loaded with chocolate chips. A healthy protein-packed breakfast or snack!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites
Today’s recipe is a little healthier than my usual ones, but is in no way less delicious.
I bring you my protein-packed No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites. These little snacks are loaded with peanut butter and coconut flavour, and are studded with chocolate chips – they taste absolutely incredible, and are very moreish.
It’s hard to believe that these peanut butter bites are healthy. They taste more like dessert than protein balls!
They are the perfect on-the-go snack – you’re gonna love them. 🙂
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these energy bites. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Rolled oats: Quick porridge oats work fine too.
- Crunchy peanut butter: You can use smooth peanut butter if that’s what you prefer.
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave
- Vanilla extract
- Desiccated coconut
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
How to make No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips until completely combined.
Refrigerate the mixture until firm enough to roll into balls.
Roll the dough into 1oz balls. Refrigerate or freeze until firm before serving.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These peanut butter coconut bites pack a lot of nutrition. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Peanut butter: Filled with healthy fats and fibre. One serving (2 tablespoons) of peanut butter contains 8g of protein! Perfect for a quick energy boost, and will also keep you full for longer. My favourite peanut butter is Whole Earth Organic Peanut Butter.
- Desiccated/shredded coconut: Full of healthy fats, fibre, and protein. One cup (80g) of desiccated coconut contains 7g of fibre, and 2g of protein.
- Chia seeds: Just one ounce (2 tablespoons) of chia seeds contains 4g of protein, 10g of fibre, plus vitamins and minerals!
- Rolled oats: Rich in fibre, protein, and nutrients. 100g of oats will get you 10g of fibre, and 13g of protein.
These no-bake snacks are perfect for when you’re on the go, or just need a quick, healthy energy boost.
How long will these bites last? When you’re not devouring these energy bites, they will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!