Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins – Moist and tender chocolate muffins with an oozing Nutella centre, and studded with chocolate chips!
Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins
I have the perfect muffin recipe for you chocolate lovers right here.
Chocolate muffins with a moist crumb, are stuffed full of chocolate chips, and have a dreamy, oozing Nutella centre… Who can resist?
Certainly not me!
These Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins are incredibly moist and fluffy, rich in chocolate flavour, stuffed full of chocolate chips, and filled with an irresistible Nutella centre.
If you’re a big chocolate lover like myself, you are gonna fall head over heels in love with these muffins!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these muffins. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- plain/all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- caster/granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips: you can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- buttermilk: see recipe notes to make your own!
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- Nutella! ♥: or any other hazelnut chocolate spread.
How to make Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins
To make these muffins, simply start by whisking together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. (The batter will be VERY thick and somewhat lumpy.)
Divide the batter evenly in a well-greased 12-hole muffin pan, filling only half way. Spoon 1 – 2 teaspoons of Nutella into the centres, then spoon the remaining batter on top.
Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted just off centre (to avoid Nutella) comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
Tips & tricks for this recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for making these muffins.
- You can make these muffins in a muffin pan with OR without the cases if needed. Just be sure to grease the pan well if not using – I highly recommend a cake release spray.
- Make sure to measure your flour out correctly. Using too much flour will result in dry muffins. I always recommend using kitchen scales instead of measuring cups for better accuracy.
- Once the muffin batter is in the pan ready to be baked, sprinkle on a few extra chocolate chips – for looks, and of course more chocolate!
- The muffin batter is thick enough that the Nutella will NOT sink to the bottom. It’ll stay snuggly in the middle, and create a dreamy molten centre.
- If you can’t get hold of buttermilk, you can either make your own (instructions can be found in the recipe card below), or you can replace with plain yogurt or sour cream.
These Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins are:
- incredibly moist and delicious
- loaded with chocolate flavour AND chocolate chips
- oozing with an irresistible Nutella centre
How long will these chocolate muffins last? These muffins will stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these muffins? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
TIP: Try warming a muffin up in the microwave for a few seconds to get that fresh-out-the-oven taste.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
Try these muffin recipes next!
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Bakewell Muffins
- My FAVOURITE Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
Looking for more Nutella recipes?