Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins – Moist and tender chocolate muffins with an oozing Nutella centre, and studded with chocolate chips!
I have the perfect muffin recipe for you chocolate lovers right here.
Chocolate muffins with a moist crumb, are stuffed full of chocolate chips, and have a dreamy, oozing Nutella centre… Who can resist? Certainly not me!
This is quite a thick muffin batter, so there is no chance the Nutella will sink to the bottom.
Ingredients for Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- caster/granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- buttermilk (see recipe notes to make your own!)
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- Nutella! ♥
I LOVE Nutella. It’s always on my shopping list, and I use it all the time – baking or not. I love Nutella on toast, sandwiches, in porridge, on a spoon… 😉
But most of all, I do love using spreads in my recipes. For example, this double chocolate muffin recipe with their irresistible Nutella centres.
These Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins are:
- incredibly moist and delicious
- loaded with chocolate flavour AND chocolate chips
- oozing with an irresistible Nutella centre
For these Nutella filled muffins, I’m using my favourite muffin recipe base. It is my go-to for muffins, and bread.
The 2 teaspoons of baking powder makes these rise beautifully, but not too much. The buttermilk, and oil makes the batter so silky, and the muffins super moist, and tender.
These are undoubtedly my favourite chocolate muffins!
Try these muffin recipes next!
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Bakewell Muffins
- My FAVOURITE Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
Looking for more Nutella recipes?
- No-Bake White Chocolate Nutella Bars
- No-Bake Nutella Protein Balls
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies
- Nutella Fudge Brownies
- 2 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 312g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 150g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk* 240ml
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 100ml
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 - 24 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan very well, then set aside.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin slots, filling only half way. Spoon 1 - 2 teaspoons of Nutella into the centres, then spoon the remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted just off centre (to avoid Nutella) comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
*To make your own buttermilk, simply measure out 1 cup (240ml) of milk, and stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let stand for 5 - 10 minutes until the mixture starts to curdle, then it's ready to use!
The calories are an estimate only.