Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie Bars – These scrumptiously soft and chewy pumpkin cookie bars are spiced with autumn flavours, and stuffed full of Nutella!
It’a almost October, and I am SO ready for Halloween month! Halloween is definitely one of my favourite holidays. I love everything about it – the candy, trick-or-treating (for my kid, of course 😉 ), family time, scary movies, creepy decorations, EVERYTHING.
These Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie Bars would make a perfect addiction to a Halloween party. Just look at all that Nutella…
Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie Bars
These pumpkin cookie bars are so soft and chewy, spiced with a hint of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, and stuffed full of Nutella. I drizzled extra Nutella on top to make these bars extra pretty.
Pumpkin and chocolate go wonderfully together, and it is becoming a favourite combination of mine. If you love Nutella and pumpkin, then you have to give these cookie bars a try. You’ll be so glad you did!
That melty Nutella centre…
Enjoy, and have a great week!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar 150g
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree 75g
- 3/4 cup Nutella 190g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, line an 8x8-inch pan with foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornflour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until combined. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, and mix until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan, and bake for 8 minutes. Microwave the Nutella until softened, then pour onto the cookie layer and spread out evenly. Place the remaining cookie dough on top.
- Bake for a further 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before drizzling with more Nutella and cutting into bars.
These bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3 days. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.