One Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie – This giant chocolate chip cookie is thick, chewy, and perfect for when you don’t want to bake up a whole batch!
Have you ever craved a chocolate chip cookie, but didn’t want to bake up a whole batch? Well, now you don’t have to! Today, I bring you my recipe for one Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie.
One Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
This giant chocolate chip cookie is as big as four cookies put together, perfect for when you’re only craving a few. It’s super quick and easy to make, too!
All you need is one small bowl and a spoon – no mixer required. Simply combine all the ingredients together in the small bowl, then drop the dough on a baking tray, and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely, and done!
To avoid a big cakey cookie (who wants that??), when folding in the flour, start off with 1/4 cup (30g), then start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is not longer runny, but is a very sticky dough.
I needed 3 tablespoons, but you may need more or less.
This giant cookie is adapted from my Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I halved the recipe, and then halved again to create the perfect giant cookie that is stuffed full of chocolate chips.
This cookie is big enough to share, but I won’t judge if you don’t want to 😉
More cookie recipes to try next!
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies
- My FAVOURITE Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cheesecake Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 30g, melted
- 2 tablespoons caster/granulated sugar 20g
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar 20g
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons plain/all-purpose flour** 55g
- 1/4 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips 45g, and some extra for topping
Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
Whisk together the butter, and sugars until combined. Add the egg, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
Add the flour (start with 1/4 cup (31g), cornflour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined. Start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is not longer runny (I needed 3 tablespoons). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough onto the prepared baking tray. Make sure the dough is tall and not too flat. Place a few more chocolate chips on top, then bake for 17 - 20 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- The centre will still be a little under-baked, but it's fine, it will firm up as it cools. Leave to cool on the tray until it is firm enough to be moved to a wire rack or plate.
*In a small bowl, or mug, beat a large egg well. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg into the cookie mixture.
**To avoid a big cakey cookie, when folding in the flour, start off with 1/4 cup (30g), then start adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, combining after each one, until the dough is not longer runny, but is a very sticky dough. I needed 3 extra tablespoons, but you may need more or less.
The calories are an estimate only.